Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Upon having behaved stupidly

Well, I have. More to the point, I sinned, but I naturally prefer not to talk about that. No, it was an altogether stupid conversation which was amusing at the moment and edified nobody.

When I tried to include someone else, he said gently, "Well, I won't interrupt your fun with wisdom," and walked away.

Talk about a dagger to the heart, a word which pierced as far as the division between bone and marrow.

But the worse fault is that I did not stop. I was having fun and it was quotable. But the laughter has turned into a miserable knot in my heart and the quotes into foul little worms in my hand.

I'm sorry, guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Perhaps it was foolish. However, I didn't think so at the time. I don't think so now.

There are other edifying conversations besides the serious and theological. Life is experienced within a structure of humor - the human existence itself is the funniest thing I have ever seen. It is appropriate to enjoy that paradoxical experience.

I hesitate to post this comment. You have confessed to certain actions, and I would never wish to undermine a sister's conviction. Let me merely say that I see things in a different light.

Perhaps the issue is of little importance. Perhaps I should not even be writing this. Perhaps I should be more concerned with edification than quibbling over differences of options. I do not judge you for what you have written. Instead, let us encourage each other, building one another up into the comlete perfection that is the Will of God.

Grace and Peace.