Monday, June 06, 2005

Surprise!

Last Thursday Megan came!

I was well and truly surprised. Mom had been planning to go to Albuquerque for several days to go shopping. We'd been recently (to take Judah from and to the airport), but we shop often, and the sister needed a swimsuit. So to Albuquerque we went.

The first inkling I had that anything was up was when Mom was in a hurry to leave the mall. I mean, it wasn't like we had to be anywhere.

The second inkling happened when we drove into the airport. I still didn't quite believe we were picking anyone up; after all, I would have known about it. Mom told me we were going to some of the little shops, but I didn't quite believe her.

At this point it became unavoidable that Mom and Em had been Keeping Things From Me.

So they start telling me about him-er--this person we were going to pick up. Clue: tall, dark-haired, good-looking. So I figure they're leading me astray and he was in reality short, blonde, and ugly. But I couldn't think of anyone likely to come...

And then it was Megan! I was left without words.

No comments: