Saturday, November 05, 2005

Rehearsal quotes

“Arr!” Bales
“Wait a minute, you’re not a pirate!” Rachel Patterson 10-28-05

“My kidney!” Emily Holmes
“You’ve got two.” Bales 10-28-05

“Tobin? How’d you like to see these two flick each other to death with their swords?” Emily Holmes 10-28-05

“As easy may’st thou the intrenchant air with thy keen sword impress as make me bleed. Are you happy?” Bales 10-28-05

“I want both of them hurt, but him [Nathan Curby] most of all. Until the end, of course.” Maggie 10-28-05

“I really don’t mind having my hands hacked off. They look awesome afterward.” Bales
“You really like those wounds.” Emily Holmes
“They aren’t really wounds.” Bales
“Yes, but they sound more like wounds every time you mention them, that little bit of almost-skinned knuckles.” Emily 10-28-05

“Okay, I am not going to be spilling my innards onstage.” Philip Cole
“You don’t have to be spilling them on stage, just in your shirt.” Caleb Jones 11-2-05

“You’re his lackeys.” Christy
“SON.” Guthrie
Younger son.” Maggie 11-2-05

We’re short on dead bodies, but, um: “I can fall down dead as soon as I say my lines.” Kanary 11-2-05

“Why are you laughing, woman? I’m in the throes of agony.” Emily Thomson
“Sorry.” Rachel Patterson 11-2-05

“I can’t seem to help it! I’m dangerous! I’m sorry!” Bales 11-3-05

“You need to look over here and compliment your wife.” Megan K
“Oh, ah. You look very, um, terrifying.” Bales
::Emily pretends to smite him:: 11-3-05

A plastic soup spoon being used as a dagger: “It’s not as though it’s an invincible killing machine.” Bales 11-3-05

::Stage-kicks Curby:: “Oh, are you okay?” Bales 11-3-05

The abridged version: “Even though Birnam wood, before my body my warlike shield, thwap, come at me Macduff.” Bales 11-3-05

“Is there some reason we paused our deep and bloody engagement and you’re whistling? Quite demoralizing.” Bales to Curby 11-3-05

“I don’t have a magic sword, but I’ve got a spoon!” Emily Holmes
To Bales: “You better start monologuing.” Maggie 11-3-05

As Macduff makes “the sign of the M” with his sword: “We have the same initials!” Bales
“No: M-D. I can be McDonald’s, medical doctor, diagnosis murder…” Curby
“Mad cow disease…” Emily Holmes 11-3-05

“We’re getting ourselves into the mood for violent action.” Curby
“Right. I’m preparing to stab you with a spoon.” Bales
“Can you stop calling it that??” Curby
“No.” Bales
“It’s a dagger.” Curby 11-3-05

“That’s why guys had long hair: to make it easier for their enemies to carry their heads around.” Emily Holmes
“Here I stand, with the usurper’s cursed scalp upon my belt. Hey! Let’s just make it an Indian play!” Curby ::begins singing and dancing a war dance::
“Where are we going to get tomahawks?” Bales 11-3-05

“Wait, that’s my sword.” Curby
“You have personalized swords?” Emily Rose
“The one with his blood on it is mine.” Curby 11-3-05

To Bales: “You sent Banquo and [Macduff’s] wife off campaigning together.” Emily Holmes
Also to Bales: “And you thought you were in trouble after her murder! …No, wait, I told you not to write down anything I said tonight!” Curby 11-3-05

“From the top, with brutality, please.” Emily Homes 11-3-05

“I got one of these Dove chocolate things the other day and the wrapper said, ‘Decorate your life.’ I figured out what it means: I need to put Macbeth’s head on the wall. Or maybe on the mantel.” Nathan Curby 11-3-05

“Never fear, Macduff is here!” Curby
“Ewwww!” Emily Rose 11-3-05

“You can fix anything from tractors to coffee pots with duct tape and baling twine.” Curby 11-3-05

“But they’re meeting at Acheron in the morning.” Maggie
“There is no morning in Hell.” Caleb Jones 11-4-05

To Ben A: “Well, if you’re not drunk, you’re at least a lout.” Emily Holmes 11-4-05

“The castle of Macduff I will surprise.” ::to Curby:: “Get over it.” Bales 11-4-05

“Bales, you’re completely scizo in this scene.” Maggie
“Yes! We are completely scizo. It’s even worse: we’re out to get me.” Bales 11-4-05

“You, my friend, are incompetent.” Bales
“They told me to be incompetent! I’m good at it!” Isley 11-4-05

6 comments:

Campeador said...

Crazy... and bloody, but I think "Ideal Husband" may have been worse. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, different, maybe not better...you guys had completely different source material to work with...So it all depends on whether you prefer quotes about love triangles or quotes about severed heads...

Pinon Coffee said...

The thing I notice is that we still come up with quotes about love despite there being almost no love interest whatsoever in Macbeth.

Anonymous said...

Also, you didn't attend as many rehearsals as me.

Kirsten said...

An Ideal Husband was not worse...it was perfect. :)
Just too much fun.
However, if we had had swords and shields, it would have been worse. I'm not sure that war and plays mix very well together...I guess we'll find out next week.

Anonymous said...

Josh, I think I've more than made up for it this semester... :-D ;-P