Friday, December 16, 2005

Blessing report...

Right-ho, ya'll. We're home. :-)

It was snowing gorgeously as we left campus, the soror, Amber, Bekah, Sam, Brett, and me all squished with all our luggage into Amber's aged red Chrysler (which we named Mabel on the way!). The backseat was so full we couldn't even see the guys, what with duffel bags and the Guitar and purses and who knows what all. And the front was full too, but Bekah was good with that, said it kept her warm. :-) But the roads were clear-ish, despite the snow.

We got there in plenty of time, arrived at the gate, and...waited. The time came to board...and the time went...and eventually the plane we were supposed to get on arrived and the other passengers got off, and finally we boarded. And we waited some more. They de-iced the plane, which was mildly amusing. We were running a good hour late by the time we took off.

The way we'd scheduled it, we had an hour to catch a connecting flight in Chicago. It was weathering there too. We started worrying and praying. But--GOOD BLESSING--the connecting flight was late too. Happy days! Also, at Dulles they somehow neglected to give us our boarding passes for the second flight, but we got all that straightened out too.

So we got home late, but we DID get home.

3 comments:

Lisa Adams said...

I'm glad you made it home safe despite the snow and ice :). Enjoy your break, dear.

And Mabel is a cute name for a car! The populus named my family's van Rumblechook the other day...

Kirsten said...

Yay! Thanks for calling me last night. Hope you have lots of adventures at home. I miss you already.
~Kay

Anonymous said...

Glad you may it home! I didn't manage to find you to say good-bye before I lift :{ So, Farewell and see you in a month! You have been such an enormous blessing to me this last semester...everything from backrubs, to silly talks, to comforting me when I am a stressed out mess, and ALWAYs pointing me to God. Thanks so much for your freindship and the Blessing it has been to me.

~Lady Ancilla