Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Christian artist on Narnia and King Kong

Not sure how many of you read World magazine, but a couple issues ago they featured quite a longish bit of the issue (and the column Andree Seu usually writes) to artist Makoto Fujimura. He's dedicated to Christ and excellent art. And he's got a blog.

And, on this blog, he compares King Kong and Aslan in the movie. I highly recommend reading it, though it's rather long. "Pride and Prejudice" and "Wallace and Gromit" also make their way into it. Perhaps some of you who actually saw all those movies can opine for the rest of our benefit. :-)

Incidentally, I'm quite excited. As far as I can tell, he's doing what we want to do, only in the visual arts. We should learn from him.

5 comments:

Lisa Adams said...

What's the date of the issue? My parents subscribe to World and I'd like to dig up the issue and read that column ... sounds very interesting.

Pinon Coffee said...

That was December 17th. It has a mostly red and orange cover. :-)

sarah said...

What's his blog address? I would be fascinated to see it.

Campeador said...

He's probably right, and I haven't even read the article. :) King Kong is a fascinating movie - something on Mere Comments a few days back summarized many of my feelings.

Pinon Coffee said...

Whoops. Yeah...that's a problem... sorry, y'all. It should work now. And here it is again.

http://makotofujimura.blogspot.com/