Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Packing

packing: n, from the middle English pack, from Low German or Dutch.

A process creating piles of clothing everywhere except in one's closet or suitcase. Often stressful for those leaving for extended periods of time.

Yes, we're leaving tomorrow, and driving out to Virginia. I am getting rid of piles of clothes. The cat found my room--the only one with loud Christian rock going--and evinced a great need to sleep on my brown velvet skirt. I made him get off. He got huffy, left, came back, and then moved to Mom's clean laundry. Meanwhile, I have to decide what stays here, what gets gotten rid of, and what goes with me. I'd rather take finals than pack. I'm not looking forward to May...

On the up side, I went to see my optometrist today, and she fixed my glasses so the ear pieces don't flop around. Life is not entirely depressing. :-)

Off to knock something--anything!--off my to-do list. Hail and farewell.

3 comments:

sarah said...

When you have 30 boxes of clothes, I can see how packing would be a chore. ;D I hate packing too, but at least it doesn't take me very long. And I don't have to worry about it this semester! Happiness and joy! :)

Lisa Adams said...

Yay :)! Packing means you will be here soon! Did you know today felt like spring here? Sunny and in the 60's ... I think the snow is waiting for school to begin.

Anyway, can't wait to see you ... and hey, the more clothes the merrier, right? :)

Pinon Coffee said...

Hullo, ladies! My commendations, Sarah. :-) Yeah...not packing is cool...

and Thacia, you have a lovely knack of pointing out the good things which should have been obvious. :-) Yes, of course. I am very much looking forward to seeing y'all again! And thank you.

The weather sounds lovely!