Monday, January 09, 2006

Weekend

Well, we successfully got Kyle married off and sent away in a cloud of bubbles. When handing out bubbles, and before the couple ran to their getaway vehicle, Mrs. Rutherford--one of the Chorus Board ladies--came through and threatened everyone if they dared pour their bubbles on the groom.

There is precedent for such a misdeed. It happened three years ago, at Kristi's wedding. :-) And, to make it worse, my dad captured it photographically. I asked Curtis, and he said several people had taken him aside and threatened him strongly.

It was, in truth, a good wedding. And I think it will be a good marriage.

Afterwards--it was getting on for four-thirty--we went to Espanola to dinner, at a very nice place to which Dad had a gift certificate. :-) And then we came back and Emily and I ran uptown to return the coffeepots to church before the Sunday service. (There would have been wrath and indignation, else.) Then we rented Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which I liked. I really shouldn't have, but I did. :-D

Sunday morning was church; good and proper. We started a series on hospitality. Apparently, the early church was particularly good at it and this helped their spread. Clement of Alexandria mentioned it. And then the sermon was on Melchizedek. If you read Genesis 14, 18-20, Psalm 110, and Hebrews 5-8 (I think), you will know everything the Bible has to say about him. And it's really, really cool.

Then yesterday afternoon I worked on the Macbeth scrapbook. I discovered our store of stickers last night about 9 pm, and embellished. Banquo now has birds on his page. :-D I'm still accepting photos, if anyone has good ones. I'm working on September and October rehearsals next.

No comments: