Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Meet the intrepid Peabody

My sister got her new car!

It's a '98 Intrepid, in beautiful condition, named Peabody after the intrepid Victorian Egyptologist.

She's been looking forward to this day a long, long time. She's wanted a car for years, and now she has one. :-)

She and Dad test-drove it Saturday, called to buy in Sunday, and learned it had already been sold. But then today Dad got a call that the other buyer's check bounced, so we could have it after all.

And here it is!

6 comments:

Joy said...

Wow! A Thomson car that's not red!

Pinon Coffee said...

I know. I almost don't know what to do with myself. We thought about getting a little red Grand Prix, but it didn't work out.

And since the sister really doesn't like red, white is probably better. :-)

sarah said...

Yay! Congrats to her! My car is much older and uglier, but I still felt an overwhelming sense of happiness when I drove my car for the first time. :)

DaughterofGrace said...

Spiffy cool car! Very nice for crusing the streets of P-ville. By the by, you are coming out to visit when the sister comes back to school, right?

TNT

Nathan said...

coolness.

Pinon Coffee said...

I want to come out...I have, alas, no vacation time, so I'll have to make it a weekend trip, if I can come at all. I'm thinking of trying for the weekend of the play. We'll see how it goes. :-)