Thursday, August 10, 2006

It's a rather relaxed Thursday.

I finished my calling and filing and whatnot around two, and only had the patients to amuse myself with. We had them neatly spaced out at 40-minute intervals, but first there weren't any and then three of them piled up in the waiting room all at once.

While we waited for the first one, we played with the XM radio. Generally we listen to the classical station, but it has a habit of getting stuck on one composer or era and taking several days to recover, and so this afternoon it was time to branch out. We tried the forties station, the Starbucks station, rock, Christian rock, the Disney kids' station, and country, and finally wound up with fifties. We made a brief excursion to the seventies, mostly for the fun of it, but the first song was indecent so we knocked it back to the sixties.

In due time one of the pileup, an adorable elderly lady, finished her appointment. She plopped down in the other receptionists' chair to call her husband, and while we waited, she watched my screensaver. I had pictures on it--pictures that Kay sent me of England and Europe, pictures from Chincoteague and school, and a few pictures from around here. It turns out her husband was stationed in Europe during WWII, so she recognized quite a bit of it. We chilled for, oh, fifteen minutes, and then when her husband turned up she made him sit down and watch the screensaver too! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of photos...can you please, please, please send me the photos from graduation?

~Lady Ancilla

Kirsten said...

Yay, I'm glad that my photos served you as a conversation starter. :)
I miss you tons.
I also second the request for pictures from graduation, I don't have any.

Love you,
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

We played with the XM radio?, I don't remember any we about that :-)
~Becca

Pinon Coffee said...

"Kung Fu Fighting" ring any bells? ;-)