Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Quote of the day

Today's quote of the day requires a bit of context. Tonight was Awana's "Dress Like a Bible Character" Night, and also my night to lead council time. I talked on Martin Luther because I thought we needed to distinguish him from MLK, Jr. I did it in the first person, from his wife Katherine von Bora's perspective, dressed as Katherine. I know she wasn't a Bible character; I fudged a bit. But I certainly wouldn't have been brave enough to waltz around church in a nun outfit if everyone else weren't dressed up too! I thought it went quite well and got several compliments. But the proof of the pudding...

Quote: "Was Martin Luther King's wife in the Bible?"


Runner up quote of the day: "I'm the guy the good Samaritan beat up."

4 comments:

Campeador said...

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the "beat-up-guy," would you?

Anonymous said...

Wait 'til you see my Mother Marguerite costume for the play ;-)

CDawg said...

you just reminded me of back in high school, we were studying the Prodestant Reformation in either History or Lit. and the first time Martin Luther's name was mentioned, one of the girls (already known for being a bit of a ditz) asked "When was the 'King, Jr.' added?" ;-D

Pinon Coffee said...

-Yes, but I hate to post pics of other people without their permission. :-\

-Eek! I can't wait! What splendid casting. ;-)

--LOL