Sunday, April 08, 2007

Holy week

This is one of those posts that was originally going to have pictures, but what with blogger and technology, the pictures apparently aren't going to happen. So you'll have to make do with descriptions. :-)

Thursday: After work, I went straight to my uncle's for his surprise birthday party. He lives down in the valley, on the way to Chimayo, so we spent the drive there and back dodging walkers on their pilgrimage to the Sanctuario. They were quite good about carrying lights after dark; at any rate, I never saw any pilgrims who didn't carry lights! And the party was good too. I hadn't gotten together with their family since about Thanksgiving.

Friday: Mummy and I went shopping. It was tremendously successful. I found a white lace dress (I'd been wanting one ever since the first spring fashion magazines came out about in January), a little black dress (flapper-style), and sundry other things.

On Good Friday evening, I had dinner with a pirate (see picture I'd have liked to insert here) and then went to the Pit. It was dark and very loud, with bright flashing lights, and got rid of my low-level headache. Go figure. After that a bunch of us climbed out of the pit to go to Taco Cabana and argue about Descartes.

Holy Saturday I did almost nothing. I altered the white sundress and....I think I read a little.

And then today was Easter! He is risen!

We opened our Easter baskets, went to the church brunch and got to talk to a lot of people--I even got to hold baby Libby. We went to church proper and the sermon was excellent, went to lunch at Rancho de Chimayo (yes, the same Chimayo in which is the Sanctuario), and came home to the sound of the Purple People Eater and the end of that Heinlein book Kanary lent me. We splatted cascarones over each others' heads on the back patio, full of confetti, and came in just as it started raining. Then we watched our new movie, Knight's Tale. Twice. Well, I'm on the second time through; not everybody watched it the first time. It's still funny.

1 comment:

Lisa Adams said...

"When you think of happiness ..." (been listening to Taylor Swift lately?). Glad you found a little black dress.

I owe you an email ... and I got your happy Easter card. Thank you so much. I've been thinking of you.

Sounds like a happy holy week.