Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mice


"A house is not a home without a mouse."

I've had that stamp for a couple years, but never took it too seriously.

That is, I absolutely adored some mice at the pet store last summer, but when Mom pointed out that we had a cat, I accepted her logic. I was just doomed to be homeless, or something.

But when I arrived home Tuesday night, my family had a pile of presents waiting, and in the very first one, I found these two little beauties.

They're both young lady mice, the darker one being named Bing and the paler Queen Anne. They're rather cherry-like, actually. :-) This was the exciting purchase that the sister called to tell me about at the concert Friday night, as some of you may remember.

Lilly, my cat, has been very interested in them, but hasn't tried to eat them yet. I've kept them in their cage or else their little bubbles, to roll around in, and not given her an opportunity to sin. Queen Anne flips out whenever Lilly comes near, but Bing takes the matter much more sedately. Once she actually rolled toward the cat, which disconcerted her.

Hurray! I have mousies now! That would be "mushha" in the Farsi. Hm...if I'm the mouse-mistress, does that make me a mousestress?

1 comment:

Gabi said...

How cute! Yay for the mice!