Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Quote of the day

"Aren't you glad you aren't a fish?" Amelia

"I bet fish are very happy to be fish, because it's their telos to be fish." Me

"Yes, but we did a calculation and fish had less than a .5% chance of survival." Amelia

"Was that all fish or just the fish in your study?" Me

"Maybe it was just the fish in the study. But my math teacher put more than a thousand fish in their pond, and they all died." Amelia

"All dead!" Me

"Yes, because there were snapping turtles, and they ate them all. Aren't you glad you aren't a fish?" Amelia

"If I were a snapping turtle, I'd like fish too." Me

"Yes, but aren't you glad you aren't a fish? Because then your snapping-turtle-self would eat your fish-self, and then where would you be? You'd have eaten one part of you. Sounds Cosmic-Humanist-ey, if you were reincarnated but not all of you was reincarnated into the same thing."

"Sounds Voldemort-ey to me." Me

"I really like the phrase 'and then where would you be,' don't you?" Amelia


Don't you wish you were here? Amelia: "I like being here!"

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my! ... but yet, somehow it doesn't surprise me. Thanks for sharing ;-)

Amelia R said...

I think I might resent that.