Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Quote of the day

Nice patient: "Are you fluent in Persian?"

Me: "Oh, no!"

Nice patient: "You can just get by in it?"

Me: "I don't know if I can even get by. I don't have anyone to talk to in it, you see."

Nice patient: "You should get on Skype. I am sure lots of men would like to talk to a medical girl, and then you would get lots of practice. When I'm on my account, people are calling me all the time."


The nice patient leaves. I boggle.

I'm not sure I want to talk to random Iranian men on Skype...

2 comments:

Jessielynn said...

Skype, like many tools, can be a wonder and a horror... It's wonderful that my mom could actually see me almost every day while I was sick (if the power stayed on for an entire afternoon). It's rather frustrating that, now that my home city is Nairobi, I get many random contact requests from Kenyan men "wondering- are you OK? I would like to talk to you." Yes, I'm OK, and I don't want to talk about it!

Zare Caspian said...

Goodness. I wouldn't want to talk to random Iranian men (no offense to them, as I wouldn't want to talk to random strange men of any nationality). :-P