Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Churches

I found a medievalist's take on the recent Pew Report, that Americans are switching churches all over the map.

She's probably got a point, that it's not a cause for hysteria. My dad grew up Episcopalian; my mom grew up Baptist; they raised me Christian & Missionary Alliance; and I'm marrying a Presbyterian. Dad's been researching his family, and there were a number of dedicated Methodists and Presbyterians. We're still all quite Christian. I disapprove of chronic church-hopping, but all these changes are for the good, I'd say.

1 comment:

Joy said...

As a current church searcher-hopper, I can honestly say that it doesn't matter to me as to which denomination a church is... as long as the have their theology right...

Oh, and I married a Presbyterian too (or the son of a pastor, at least). It all turns out well. ;-)