Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Decorating

This post won my heart with the line, "Remember, you're a bride, not a Christmas tree."

I'm remembering, I'm remembering. But it reminds me of Wodehouse's character Veronica, whose "ambition in life was to attend the County Ball looking as much like a Christmas tree as possible."

"JEWELS," said she.

As I recall, Veronica's other great line was, "Yes, mummy."

In other news, I went over to Tami's house last night to play with my hair for the wedding. I took a great bag full of my bridal magazines and also my wedding notebook, and it's a splendid thing I did, because who else happened to be at Tami's? None but Roena, my food person whom I've been trying and failing to meet with for ages. So that was quite Providential. We had a lovely time going through the magazines, discussing food, and doing hair, and Taler and Hannah joined right in. It's nice being a bride, sometimes.

No comments: