Friday, July 03, 2009

I adore three-day weekends

I really, really like days off. It's not that I hate my job, because it's a perfectly fine one, but there are such a lot of things at home I'd rather do. I now appreciate the Good Doctor's schedule even more than when I actually got all those Fridays off.

I'm further excited because we get to have company this weekend. Also, I like fireworks. I talked to one coworker to find out the best place to see them, and to another and learned about an out-of-the-way place that would probably have parking within walking distance (a thing not terribly common in that part of Richmond). There are definite advantages to talking to real, live, local people.

Today:
Buy provisions
Clean house
Download pictures and recharge my camera
Decorate
Cook

It's a beautiful, sunny, cool morning, and I'm highly grateful for Fourth of July weekend.

No comments: