Thursday, May 20, 2010

This and that

Pool season starts a week from Saturday, and Meggie and I have been thwarted by a mysterious plot on the part of manufacturers not to make very small swimwear. But we finally found one! It's the adorable itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny hot pink leopard-spotted confection you see there. She's going to rot their socks off, just you wait.

And THEN I called Mom to tell her I found it, and she said she had also found one - turquoise, I think she said it was - and would be sending it along. So Meggie can actually go swimming two days in a row! This is very exciting.

Also exciting: Jonathan has a blog and a job! They are not related, and I'm very proud of him on both counts. The Rational Pie blog will discuss food and theology and related fascinating things, and yours truly most likely will contribute as well. The job was through a friend of a friend from our small group. (Job-hunting: yet another reason not to neglect the gathering of ourselves together.) This law office specializes in immigration, a subject Jonathan is excited to pursue. It'll be an unpaid internship for a month, and then, assuming all goes well, he will become PAID staff. We can hardly wait. :-D

On the subject of work and small group, my friend Andi from ours has set up her etsy shop! Her knit purses are very cute - I got to watch her hatch the ideas and bring them about (and then out and about, so we could all admire them). They're definitely worth checking out, and if you ask nicely, she might do a custom one for you.

And speaking of creative people, I just love all of this lady's fixed-up and now hot pink furniture with matching petunias. It's so bright and cheerful, and she even made awful yellow bathroom tiles cute. That takes skill. I also note I've come full circle back to hot pink, and will therefore end this miscellany here and now.

No comments: