Monday, June 14, 2010

I totally married the right man

Jonathan was in great form this morning. "Nihil intellectu quod non prius in sensu." He threw a sheet over his head. "Non sensu! Non sensu! NON ESSE!" The sheet slid off. "Ah. Possum esse."

Meg looked from her father, to her hilariously amused mother, and back. Eventually she decided it must be funny, so she started laughing too. This definitely qualifies as proof I married the right man. I mean, how many dads can make a funny all in Latin, amuse the baby, and mock John Locke all at the same time??

7 comments:

MagistraCarminum said...

Indeed! But I must admit, I find all this a little frightening... :-)

Rebecca said...

wow...I'm glad it pleased you. I'm not sure WHAT I would do if my husband did that! :)

Em said...

You certainly did! I'm just your undereducated sister. What does that mean in English? The only Latin I remember is amo-amas-amat-amamus-amatis-amant and sorror mea. <3 Miss you guys!

Pinon Coffee said...

My sister is not undereducated. Who speaks Arabic in this relationship, and picked it up in one summer, I might add??

The uppity first bit was "nothing in the mind which wasn't first in the senses," which we disagree with. So he covered his head and started yelling that he didn't exist. It was basically a version of "Descartes walked into a bar, somebody asked him something, he said 'I think not' and disappeared." :-)

The Raven's Landing said...

LOL....ok...Descartes made me laugh very hard...

Joy said...

oh if only the people who "think not" would disappear! Would make the job of the teacher much easier...

Jonathan said...

:-D :-D :-D

(I miss you guys.)