Thursday, October 06, 2011

Our new furry friend

We went to the big semi-annual children's clothing sale, and picked up a few good things. We also came home with a rather large Elmo. Meg has a new best friend. He looks rather apprehensive about it, doesn't he?

But he's a good Elmo. And will be a better one after a bath, which is coming as soon as I switch out this load of laundry.
A bath? Oh no!

 Meg psyched herself out this morning. As soon as I got her out of the crib, she grabbed her blanket, lay down on the floor with it, and said, "Nap." Then she started to cry.

Update: When Meg heard Elmo needed a bath, she quite sensibly put him in the bathtub and waited for me to run water. :-) Personally, I thought he should go in the washing machine. But I looked into it and came to the conclusion that was probably not a good idea. He has internal stiffeners; his polyurethane foam filling is possibly not washable at all; and also he's just big, and wouldn't fit in any of my pillowcases and certainly would take a long time to dry. Instead I went after him in two stages, the first with brushes and a lint roller, and then with a washcloth and oxy-clean solution. Elmo is now resting comfortably.  

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love those kind of resale events. Glad to see Elmo has a good home; he's always been my fav. :)

Maggery said...

Oh, little Meg, practicing that sort of thing ahead of time doesn't make 8am Latin Classes or Mornings Before Work But After A Good Long Dr. Who Marathon any easier, I'm afraid.

But it's awfully adorable anyway . . . ;-) I think I may try the "lying on the floor & crying" thing tomorrow morning ;-)