Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Decorating

<--- Bonus photo of my sister's cat Irony


It doesn't look like we're going over-the-top for Christmas this year. I got the tree up and decorated, put lights and garland over one cabinet, and cleaned off a desktop to hold wrapping supplies. Then I called it good enough. And then we put away the rest of our Christmas decorations. Is that allowed? I mean, isn't there a law that says you have to decorate with everything you've got?

No?

Oh good.

I'd like to take credit for this feat of moderation, but actually I ran out of steam. It's head-cold central around here, and most days we're doing well to fix dinner. Conveniently, Christmas grace doesn't follow the degree I decorate for it (as in, okay, you get ten seconds of patience for every twinkle light you set up, and handmade centerpieces are worth extra). It's good to remember that God sent his Son for people who didn't decorate at all for the first Christmas.

2 comments:

Em said...

Oh dear, you DON'T get patience for every twinkle light? There goes my Christmas!!!!

Sounds like you did pretty awesome--I don't do ANYTHING useful when I'm sick. Love you so much! Hope you all feel better soon! Kisses!

Marianne said...

Boy, can I relate! Every year I've given away a few more decorations, so we're done to just the basics. Life sure is simpler that way. And really, isn't it supposed to be?