Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Adventurous

We've had an adventuresome day. By noon, I'd sewn a skirt,* checked out a historical mill in Aldie, driven to Middleburg for the first time, locked my keys in the car, had a nice policeman come get my keys out of the car, visited a new library, discovered a town I'd never even heard of before, verified that Business 7 through Purcellville really does turn into Dry Mill Road in Leesburg, and heard from my mom that a friend of a friend who'd been kidnapped in Africa had just been rescued by Navy Seals! PRAISE GOD! Obviously, my day was not as adventurous as hers.

...I like Middleburg. It's very old-school and full of cute shops, apparently cute restaurants, and horses. But Meg's favorite movie right now is Ratatouille, and all her board books are full of the Eiffel Tower, and one of my pinterest friends is putting together a Paris board. I need to go to Paris now, please.


*Simplest skirt ever. I cut off an old shrunken sweater of Jonathan's, sewed one-seam pocket around the top, and threaded elastic through. Took 20 minutes, mostly threading elastic.

No comments: