Sunday, January 15, 2012

Brr

Hello from chilly Virginia! It's 33 degrees and blowing like it means it. Everybody dashed into church this morning and stuck around afterward. There was a new-pastor luncheon party, which helped the sticking-around process. It was cold in that parking lot.

For my big experiment last night, I tried sleeping in curlers. I don't think I have the technique quite right, because they all slipped and I woke up with curlers dangling around my shoulders. But my hair did have nice oomph this morning, if not the perfect waves I'd been hoping for. I curled the roots and tips with a hot iron this morning and called it good.

Also, I had that new-old teal pencil skirt to wear. It's lined wool, and I matched it with leggings, two pairs of socks, tall boots, long sleeves, and a chunky gray sweater. Did I mention it was cold? But I'm grateful it's January. Nobody looks at you funny for wearing a hundred layers this month.

No comments: