Saturday, January 21, 2012

My new friend

Meet my new friend.
This is a bust of Otto von Bismarck back when he was, um, something before he was made a prince in 1871. We got it at a white elephant exchange last night from a guy who got it from a history professor who'd had it for years, who'd gotten it from somebody who'd had it for many years before that. There's speculation the bust is actually from before 1871, since it's not of Bismarck with his later title.

Or history professors just like "snapshot" busts.

Either way, I needed Bismarck. I've been kind of wanting a bust for a while, and I took a fancy to him and his peeling gold paint. And his mustache. At first we couldn't read his label properly and thought he was a Nazi friend of Himmler's, and I liked him then. I mean, I could always paint him and give him silly hats. But after the gentleman who brought the bust explained he was Bismarck, I was really glad I'd stolen him from Nathan Curby. Would you believe, no one tried to steal the bust away from me? Bismarck is awesome. It's not like he was a singing Justin Bieber toothbrush (true story).

Since my camera charger is still MIA, you get this photo courtesy of my cell phone.

1 comment:

Rhyme said...

That Justin Bieber toothbrush made an appearance at my office Christmas party, too! And the recipient was ecstatic about receiving it, which was the strange part. :-P