Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Be prepared, be very prepared

Today I packed two kits to keep in the car. The first is for general health and sanity in case we get stuck somewhere overnight, and it contains:
-Antibacterial ointment and band-aids
-anti-itch cream, sunscreen
-diaper rash paste
-nail clippers, tweezers, nail file
-toothbrushes all around, toothpaste, mouthwash, and floss
-shampoo, conditioner, styling gel, and a comb
-unmentionables
-nail polish remover
-soap, face wash, lotion, chapstick
-a razor and shaving cream
-perfumes in sample sizes

The other kit is to keep inside the car, because I keep running out the door in a hurry. It contains:
-makeup for me - sample sizes/duplicates of nearly everything I use daily
-bobby pins, ponytail holders, and a comb
-tweezers
-safety pins

Temperature extremes could be a problem with some of this. But Leesburg is fairly temperate most of the year, so it's not going to get thirty below or anything, and I think most of these supplies will be fairly stable. I didn't pack anything precious, just in case. I'll keep an eye on it and see if anything spoils.

This is a great way to clean out my supply drawers, too. :-) I'm pretty excited! I just wish I'd thought of it earlier.

No comments: