Sunday, February 26, 2012

A really strong cup of tea?

The old coffeeshop in Los Alamos had a sign to the effect of:

"Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love."

That's kind of how I feel about tea. But I'm finding decaf tea bags, especially the cheap ones I buy, tend to be lacking in the strength and flavor departments. So, I know a lot of you guys who read this also drink tea. Can anyone please recommend a non-fancy-flavored decaf black tea that comes out really, really strong?

3 comments:

MagistraCarminum said...

The Phoenix Finnegans (with whom we are visiting) suggest Harney and Sons Fine Teas, their decaf vanilla camoro. They suspect other flavors may a;so provide good taste.
And we all send our congrats on becoming an auntie-to-be.

Pinon Coffee said...

Thank you! I'll have to give Harney & Sons a try.

I'm so excited about the new little one, too! He or she is going to be WONDERFUL. :-)

Anonymous said...

Try Typhoo tea. I've seen it at World Market stores and some grocery stores, and if you let it steep longer than 2 minutes it's pretty strong. :)

~Twynkletoes