Friday, March 30, 2012

Housekeeping

Last night I broke it to Jonathan that we need to buy a house so I can paint it hot pink and turquoise. He took the news bravely.

The warm weather went away, and the cold winds blew away all the pretty tree blooms. No, seriously. We're passed daffodils into tulips and Leesburg is leafing forth bravely, and then we had some cold windy days and I swear it smelled like snow this morning. We did get a sprinkle of rain, but it's not quite freezing yet.

So I made soup. This is butter sauteed carrots, celery, and red onion with leftover black-eyed peas, parsley, and a flour and milk roux. It was pretty good, except I should have sauteed the vegetables longer up front. They were, shall we say, "crisp-tender," and I prefer my vegetables cooked to within an inch of their squishy little lives.* They look good in the bowl, though.

*Unless they're supposed to be browned and crunchy, of course.

Tonight we're excited to go see A Midsummer Night's Dream at PHC. I don't think I've gotten to see any Eden Troupe productions since Cyrano de Bergerac in fall of 2006. Yikes. Well, it was that visit that led Jonathan to start emailing and eventually marry me, so no complaints there. :-) I do not anticipate MND to be quite that earth-shaking. But I can't wait to see if they're still recycling those costumes we made for Much Ado and Macbeth. Ha.

1 comment:

Maggery said...

Please DO right a review of the ET production when you get a chance ;-) I'm fascinated to learn whether they still use Ye Olde Bench :-D