Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Skirting the issue

Beautiful yellow skirt
I've been wanting a yellow skirt just about exactly like this one ever since last fall, when I pinned this outfit. (All I need is a white t-shirt and a denim jacket and my plans will be complete.) I had my eye on the fabric at Joann's for a while, and finally I bit the, um, 50%-off coupon and bought it. I used this tutorial and it worked beautifully.

The skirt looks much better on me than on that door, btw. I seriously rocked it at the playground.

Turquoise skirt parts
Flushed with success, I went to Hancock and bought another piece of fabric - a turquoise imitation linen, I believe. I picked the poly blend over the linen because it claimed to be dryer safe, which is not to be sneezed at. I brought it home, washed and dryer-dried it, and today I cut it out.

Ta-da!

Do you like the chip clip in the background?

I started sewing it, and Lord willing tomorrow I will buy more thread and finish sewing it.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

The skirt is adorable! Do we get to see the finished picture of the turquoise piece?

Pinon Coffee said...

Oh! Why yes, I forgot I hadn't yet. Thanks for mentioning it. I'd love to share pics!