Friday, April 20, 2012

Little green dress

I knocked out this sewing project today during naptime. It's a sundress in about 2T or 3T. I think this fabric's pattern is just darling, somewhere between graphic and plaid. If you're curious, I think it's from Brothers & Sisters Studios and I got it at Hobby Lobby. Half a yard was enough. It's a plain quilting cotton, so it will probably go pretty floppy after washing, but the straps are a double thickness and after all it IS a toddler sundress. Lightweight is good.

There are only four rectangles to it, so it came together quickly. The bodice piece was 21" around, minus a short hem on either side. The skirt was the full width of the fabric gathered to the length of the bodice. For the straps, I cut two rectangles about 9" long from the remaining bit of fabric and stitched them into tubes, which I turned right side out and ironed flat. On a previous iteration, I gathered the straps before stitching them to the bodice, but I didn't bother this time. Later tonight I'm going to go buy a button, install it on the back, and call this good!

3 comments:

MagistraCarminum said...

Lovely Carolyn! Aren't baby girls the best?!

Pinon Coffee said...

Um, YES. It kills me I haven't gotten to meet Ada yet, BTW. She's gorgeous in pictures. :-)

Marianne said...

You probably know what I'm going to comment... :) I'd love to see a picture of your sweet girl in the adorable new dress.