Sunday, September 09, 2012

Fall!

Today is a red-letter day. I might even write it in red pen on my calendar.

It finally got cool!

It's been so hot for so long. We didn't really have much winter or spring here, and it started getting up into the 80s in March. It's been in the upper nineties or hundreds most days all summer, and suitably humid. Jenny takes pity on us and we go melt by her wading pool. I really do like summer, usually, but this year I am just done.

But today, as I was mentioning, it was clear and sunny and actually felt cool, and I was glad I took a blazer to church with me. We had the windows open all afternoon. Meg napped well.

I celebrated by making a very nice risotto for dinner. I put in sweet onions and sage and some cooked butternut squash. We had butternut squash risotto in Scotland, so it feels special. I made lots, since if you're going to stand and stir something for an hour there better be leftovers!

YAY FALL!

No comments: