Sunday, October 14, 2012

Doing things

We all woke up sick, so we stayed home and watched Felix Baumgartner ascend to space for his skydive. So cool! It struck me as a very Mandalorian thing to do. Here on earth, we had a crafty day.

Meg and I made salt dough. I wanted those starfish for a project, and they turned out pretty well. Then we made a bunch of beads, big ones and small ones, and rolled some of them in glitter for extra beauty.  The big ones didn't bake so well. I'm thinking I might line the crevices with contrasting glitter and pretend we did it on purpose.

 During naptime I finished up this painting. Yikes - I hadn't realized it had been a whole year it had been sitting there unfinished. I still want to add a little bit, but there aren't any gaping patches of wood. I call that a success.

1 comment:

V-Dawg said...

It looks like Urquhart castle. Not bad.