Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Paper be gone

Closely related, no doubt, to my "I MUST GET READY FOR CHRISTMAS" urge has been my "THERE IS TOO MUCH PAPER IN HERE" urge. Also I think I'm reacting to an apartment I visited the other day, which had - I kid you not - piles of political mailings from the nineties. The horror. For so many reasons. In response, I went home and did a massive filing-and-tossing push.

So everything got filed, but that wasn't enough! There was still excessive paper! We culled our bookshelves and chose some to sell, so they'll be out of our way soon. Books just multiply around here... not sure how that happens. I came to the conclusion that I prefer giving shelf space to Percy Jackson to volumes of mid-century plays. Sorry, lit degree.

The last culprit to die was my magazine hoard. I actually don't have that many back issues, because I don't subscribe to that many and I cleaned them all out a year ago, but they were starting to pile up. So I've been going through them and cutting out the recipes and inspiration pieces I want to keep, and then putting my recipe binders into order. In the process, I discovered one of my recipe binders had never been organized either, so I punched holes in everything and found them a good home.

It feels good to get organized.

No comments: