Sunday, February 03, 2013

Peach cobbler

Today it snowed off and on all day. Apparently it's also the Superbowl? I came home from church, took a nap, and decided that what the world really needed was peach cobbler. To my astonishment, we actually had frozen peaches and enough butter, so I made one. It took a while, but turned out pretty nice.

Then Meg accidentally knocked over a bucket of laundry soaking in oxy-clean (my fault for leaving it there), so we had emergency mop-up operations, and then she and I ran to the grocery store for tortillas for dinner, by which point I completely forgot about my cobbler.

I remembered just before Meg's bedtime. She was put out that I'd made dessert without her, and retaliated by refusing to try any. She actually preferred going to bed without dessert. That'll teach me.

No comments: