Friday, March 29, 2013

Breakfast

From the other room, I heard Meg opening the fridge.

"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Mm, looking for something good to eat."
"Would you like a bowl of cereal?"
She considered this. "Yes, that would be app'op'iate."

When I walked into the kitchen, she presented me with the bowl and box of cereal she wanted; she started digging for the best spoon; and then, when it was all poured and ready, she told me which chair she wanted to sit in (the new one). There you go.

Speaking of new chairs, we have new dining chairs! We were down to two, plus the desk chair, so it was time. I found two of those upholstered dining/occasional chairs at Homegoods. They are covered in leaf-green pleather, which is not quite what I had intended to own ever in this universe, but it's a good green. It matches my cherry dishes and green glassware beautifully, looks good with the rest of my red and black and white and cobaltware, and even does pretty well with the other furniture. Also, I'm liking the pleather - it cleans up easily.

No comments: