Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kate and the lost camera

We had a rough night last night -- meaning Kate did, meaning Kate and Jonathan and I did. Note to self: NO MORE EGG ROLLS. This morning we went out and about and she slept hard. That kind of night is exhausting, y'all. However, since I was out and about I didn't get to cuddle her and appreciate the improvement, and after we got back this afternoon and ate, we had more gastric distress and woe. But then I washed her and wrapped her in a big fluffy blanket and she's sleeping on my lap, very peaceful, and occasionally she'll open her eyes and look at me. And that is a wonderful thing.

I try not to post about hard things here, mostly because nobody likes whining and I don't feel mature enough to do it without whining. Generally. But I am sad today because we went to the church fall festival on Sunday evening, and it was delightful, only the camera display was acting up and then we lost the camera completely. I think it fell out while we were folding up the stroller in the dark. There were lots of baby pictures on there I hadn't downloaded, and our first family picture. So I'm kicking myself, because while cameras can be replaced, Kate will never be two, three, and four weeks old again. I don't know about you, but when something like this goes wrong, I tend to feel like everything is wrong. But I'm still hoping the camera will turn up somehow, somewhere. Maybe even if the camera is ruined the memory card will be okay.

No comments: