Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year resolutions

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely celebration and a good opening to the year. We all went to bed at the usual time, except Kate, who wanted to party throughout the night. I didn't have my party hat on, though, and kept putting her back down.

Today I started the new year right by drinking enough coffee to chase off my non-party-induced headache, tidying the living room, sweeping or vacuuming all the floors in the public areas, and rearranging the furniture, because that's what you do when the floor is clean enough to see. We had friends over for games - an old friend, a new friend (her husband), and a very new friend (their baby). It was so nice to spend time with them.

Apparently the new year is a good time to consider the past and determine what you can do better in the future. I never do, but it seems to be a thing.

This is my favorite list of resolutions. I think I can honestly subscribe to every one.

The Nester recommends making little changes to make it easier to do things you really want... like wear warm socks, so you won't be cold and grumpy.

Catherine Larson exhorts us not to fall into the Try Harder resolutions deathtrap.

Patricia Wrede talks about year-end clean-up for one's writing life. She named her cat Karma, in case you're wondering.


Honestly, 2013 was a lousy year, and I'm mostly grateful it's over. You know what? I never have to live through that year again. Best of 2013: Baby Kate.

But my doctor did tell me to take calcium with vitamin D. I feel old.

No comments: