Saturday, November 01, 2014

Halloween on the high seas

Meg's new great love is the Octonauts, so she wanted to be Captain Barnacles for Halloween. I was not quite prepared to make all of us Octonauts costumes, so we expanded it as The High Seas. Jonathan wanted to be a mathematical pirate, I wanted to be a mermaid because I realized I'd never been one (!!), and Kate got to go as the ship's mouse.

We used a pile of our leftover moving cardboard to create a pirate ship in a corner of the living room and created a treasure hunt - the map, of course, was found in a bottle. Meg was quite pleased to discover in a linen closet a whole treasure chest of CANDY!

I suggested to Meg that perhaps next year, she could go as a princess. She was unimpressed.

"No, next year I'm dressing up as Shellington."
"Why not a princess?"
"It's not really my style. I'd rather be Shellington."
I pursued the question. Finally she explained, "Princesses are BORING."

Well, that does cover it.

1 comment:

V-Dawg said...

Well, after seeing approximately five million Elsas this Halloween, there is at least one princess that really is kind of boring.