Thursday, December 11, 2014

Online shopping

I've gotten to where I hate online shopping, and Amazon is the worst. It's incredibly stress-inducing.

I'm not sure the item is really the item I want, and if it probably is, I'm overwhelmed with pricing and choices. Is it better to get it from Amazon or the independent seller? Am I going to get that other one too so I qualify for free shipping? But another website might have a better price. Or a coupon. Or free shipping that isn't so nerve-racking.

Free shipping. I get free shipping at Target. Does Target have the thing? They do online, but then I have to wait like two weeks, and I probably want it before then. And I have to type numbers into the computer. And they might have a better sale in-store and also I'll be able to see it. I'd much rather drag myself and two small children all the way to the store to find out.  The Target cafe has popcorn, but if we go too close to lunchtime we better not get popcorn and then I'll have to fend Meg away from the cafe.

Well, or maybe Zappo's? Or L.L. Bean? They have free shipping but they're too expensive.

At this point I have no idea what I want. I don't need anything after all. And why would I order stuff? I don't even like stuff. I probably have too much stuff. I need coffee.

1 comment:

The Minnesotan with the German-Irish Name said...

So true. I, too, usually end up abandoning the whole project, usually because I hate to pay for shipping but can't find $35 worth of stuff that I actually want.